Welcome to Epping Green Chapel
Weddings, Funerals , Baptisms & Infant Dedications by arrangement with the Minister
The current Pastoral leaders are Rev. Paul & Jane Walker.
Rev Walker is NHS Lead Chaplain for Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust ( EPUT) leading a team of chaplains providing chaplaincy & spiritual care for hospitals across Essex & Bedfordshire. Jane, is a local midwife, musician and singer, they have four adult sons. Both medically trained, they have lived and worked both in the UK and Africa engaging in “faith in action” community projects , with The Homestead Trust, before moving to the village in 2010.
The Chapel currently has six deacons – Jane Walker & Agnes Mwenifumbi ( Pastoral ) , Alan Mortlock (Evangelism) , Martin Luck , Phil English & David Walkling ( Fabric).
Our vision & core beliefs
The Chapel is an evangelical Church seeking to follow the commission of Jesus who still says – “come to me” (Matthew chapter 11 verse 28).Jesus also said that “God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, so that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life” (John chapter 3 verse 16).
The Chapel’s statement of faith is that used by “The Evangelical Alliance” with which it is affiliated.
The body of Christian believers which meets at Epping Green Chapel, exists in order to:
- Worship God.
- Enable the congregation, including children, to grow towards spiritual maturity in their relationship with God and the way they live, and to encourage them to use their God-given gifts for the benefit of the body.
- Demonstrate the reality of Christian fellowship through mutual care and love.
- Make full use of its buildings, facilities and resources.
- Support the work of God world-wide (as carried out by individuals and/or agencies) through prayer and giving.
- Work with other churches and local organisations.
- Reach out into the local community in both Evangelism and Service.
- Welcome newcomers.