The Chapel is an evangelical Church seeking to follow the commission of Jesus who stillsays – “come to me” (Matthew chapter 11 verse 28).Jesus also said that “God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, so thatwhoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life” (John chapter 3 verse 16).
The Chapel’s statement of faith is that used by “The Evangelical Alliance” with which it is affiliated.
The body of Christian believers which meets at Epping Green Chapel, exists in order to:
- Worship God.
- Enable the congregation, including children, to grow towards spiritual maturity in their relationship with God and the way they live, and to encourage them to use their God-given gifts for the benefit of the body.
- Demonstrate the reality of Christian fellowship through mutual care and love.
- Make full use of its buildings, facilities and resources.
- Support the work of God world-wide (as carried out by individuals and/or agencies) through prayer and giving.
- Work with other churches and local organisations.
- Reach out into the local community in both Evangelism and Service.
- Welcome newcomers.